Playful, fussy and amazing curls have always been and still are in fashion. Our grandmothers and mums used various devices to make their hair curling. They could sleep with flat-irons on their heads all night and stand in front of a mirror with an electric hair braider for hours in the morning. Well, beauty requires sacrifice.
Today, electric hair rollers are well known for making curly hair. They are easy to use, quickly heat up and keep the heat making your curls fixed for a long time. While the main concept remains unchanged, the hot rollers use the latest modern technologies not only to get hair curling but to make it good looking, hydrated, and healthy.
Curling rollers are habitual devices for creating styling of any hair length and type and many women prefer them. But it is important to note that the regular use of different types of hair rollers, as well as an exposure the hair to the high temperature can damage its structure and leads to drying, thinning, fragility, and increased production of sebum. Therefore, before curling, it is better to apply thermal cosmetics to your hair. It will protect your hair from all the unpleasant consequences of regular thermo-styling.
Top 5 Best Hot Rollers for Long Thick Hair
||Infiniti Pro Instant Heat Ceramic Flocked Rollers||4.2/5||Check price|
||Remington KF40E Fast Curls||4.6/5||Check price|
||BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Professional Jumbo Roller Hairsetter||4.0/5||Check price|
||Valera 605.01 Quick 24||4.4/5||Check price|
||Binatone HR-09||4.8/5||Check price|
Many women boast that their thick hair holds a style longer than thin hair. It is true, but even the thickest hair needs care and attention as well. When investing in hot rollers for thick hair, look to sets with ionization and far-infrared heating that can give your hair volume, style, and charm remaining for many hours. Electric curling rollers with ceramic technology are also great and can provide your thick hair smoothness and shining effect with less damage because of extreme heating. Top rated hot rollers for long thick hair should be large enough because big jumbo rollers make the hair dry faster.
Infiniti Pro Instant Heat Ceramic Flocked Rollers
The set of Infiniti Pro by Conair include 20 ceramic multi-sized flocked rollers for beautiful curls and volume – 4 jumbo, 6 larger, 6 medium and 4 smaller ones. Each roller type makes a curl of different size, creating for you a variety of hairdress options. If your hair is thick or coarse, heat up this set of hot rollers a bit longer to achieve the highest temperature. These rollers radiate ions to reduce frizziness and make your hair healthy, good-looking, and shiny.
- The use of ceramic oven technology provides the very fast heat-up (it takes about 85 sec) with a longer-lasting effect.
- 20 super clips for the better fixation are provided.
- Retractable cord.
- The kit may come with Argan oil which makes thick hair easier to style and fix. This oil helps protecting, revitalizing, and nourishing your hair.
- Some customers claim that the clips don’t hold for a long time and they are not very secure.
- The clips dent a bit the fine type of hair.
Remington KF40E Fast Curls
If you want sharper and more formed curls of your thick long hair, it is better to choose the popular Remington KF40E model with ionization. This set comes with 3 sizes of Teflon rollers with wax cores – 4 pieces of 20 mm, 10 – of 23 mm and 6 – of 27 mm. With them, you can make both horizontal and spiral curls or just give volume to your hair. The heating time is up to 10 minutes. The temperature adjustment is not provided here, so the customer is advised to check the time. If rollers are overexposed, their temperature can reach + 110°С (275°F).
- Ionization function to remove the hair static electricity.
- You cannot burn your fingers thanks to the thermally insulated edges.
- Hair curls turn out well and keep the shape for a long time.
- Teflon covering is resistant to cosmetics; it does not burn fingers or get dirty.
- Not too heavy.
- The complete kit is enough to fully cover the thick hair of medium length.
- Excellent fit for slightly wet hair.
- Long cord of 1.8 m.
- Unpleasant odor at the first use.
- The set does not turn off automatically – you need to check the time youself.
- If the curls are strongly tightened, the clamps may damage the hair.
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Professional Jumbo Roller Hairsetter
For making gentle curls and forming the volume on long and thick hair, the best way is to select the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium model. The colorful set includes 8 larger rollers of 38 mm, as well as 6 pieces of medium (25 mm) and 6 small (19 mm) cylinders. Using the BaBylissPRO kit, your hair will look bouncy and healthy. With it, you will not have your hair damaged because of overheat. It definitely suits women with long hair to get soft and more noticeable curls. Nano titanium ceramic rollers with velvet covering generate infra-red rays for faster heating and styling. The variety of roller sizes can satisfy women with the thickest hair manes to create the more natural look. Women like when on the second day after use of BaByliss PRO rollers their hairstyle keeps a pleasant volume, although curls are straightening out with time.
- Ultra-fast heating.
- Maintain a constant temperature of about 15 minutes.
- The set includes a bag for storing 20 butterfly clips and the same number of removable color-coded metal brackets.
- The hot rollers are reliable and serve for years.
- Pleasant by touch.
- The rollers have grooves for different fixations.
- On/off switch with the indicator lightening.
- A very long rotating cord (2.7 m) that does not twist.
- Both whole box and rollers are a bit heavy.
- The price for this set is one of the highest one.
Valera 605.01 Quick 24
The Valera trademark is a unique Swiss hair care and hairdressing tools of premium class. Scientific research in the field of hair health, as well as the use of innovations and advanced technologies allow Valera to create devices that would not only help creating beautiful images and hairstyles but also guarantee the protection to the hair and natural beauty.
Valera Quick 24 kit is a large set for long hair of 24 heating rollers with velour covering – 8 pieces of each diameter. Metal brackets also go separately for each size of hot rollers. Their edges are painted in different colors to avoid confusion. The power of the device is 400 W, so it will be ready for use in 10 minutes.
- A sufficient number of curling rollers of different sizes.
- Convenient storage of the cord with fixation.
- A large number of butterflies clips and pins.
- Fast heating to the highest temperature.
- Gives a chic volume to the hair, and curls hold for a long time.
- Discolored heating indicators on the rollers.
- Hair strands cling well to the rough velour surface.
- Bad effect on “washed yesterday” hair.
- Some women find clips and pins not comfortable.
- Bulky container.
When selecting a device for styling hair, every woman is guided by three basic features – convenience, safety, and effectiveness. Binatone HR-09 curling rollers meet all these requirements in full. The rollers Binatone HR-09 will help you make a luxurious hairstyle for any occasion.
This is the smallest set in our review consisting of only 8 hot rollers – 4 medium and 4 smaller rollers. But convenient hairpins come for each type of rollers. The device is very compact and weights 600 g only. In addition, this user-friendly kit of electric curling rollers has a handbag, so Binatone HR-09 is ideal for those women who travel a lot. Power consumption is only 35 W, but heating takes 5-10 minutes only. When rollers are ready for use, they change their color from purple to white. To the better results, the customers advise to apply these hot rollers on slightly wet hair.
- The rollers heat up quickly.
- Clips are reliable and tightly hold the hair curlers.
- Excellent quality.
- Manufacturer’s warranty of 2 years.
- Low price.
- 8 hot rollers are not enough for home use.
- There is no auto power off function.
- Not very comfortable box.
Top 5 Best Hot Rollers for Long Fine Hair
||Caruso Professional – Ion Molecular Hair Setter||4.8/5||Check price|
||BaByliss PRO BAB3031E||4.6/5||Check price|
||Philips HP4611||4.1/5||Check price|
||Clatronic LV 3371||4.2/5||Check price|
||Vitek WINX WX-2052 BL||3.8/5||Check price|
If your hair is thin and fine, curling can be a bit difficult. Your hair may look flat in its natural state, so you will certainly need the hot rollers providing your hair extra volume. In addition, fine hair usually doesn’t easily hold curls. Thin and fine hair is normally straight and when you try to curl it up, it goes back to its natural form very soon. That is why you need an additional protection for your curls to remain them in that state for as long as possible. Then, you need to be careful when applying the hot rollers because the fine hair is more sensible for the excessive heat then thick hair.
Caruso Professional – Ion Molecular Hair Setter
This hairstyler set of hot rollers is definitely one of the best kits for fine and thin hair. The box with hot rollers produces much more heat comparing to other models. It also releases ions that help your hair remain healthy and undamaged. The anouther feature of this set is that it uses the molecular steam with moisturizing effect during the heat of 30 rollers at once. These hot rollers are quite effective and you can style your hair with a long-standing effect in a few minutes.
- The set is easy portable.
- The rollers can be applied for different hair types.
- The set combines both steam and moisturizing effects.
- A bit noisy.
- It has only one heating mode.
BaByliss PRO BAB3031E
This professional set of electric curlers with ceramic covering includes 30 hot rollers – 3 groups of 8 cylinders with diameters of 22, 25 and 38 mm, as well as 6 smaller rollers of 19 mm. The device works in two light temperature modes: +73 and + 87°С (+164 and +189°F), which is healthier for the fine type of hair. Heating of the box takes only 4-5 minutes. 15 butterfly clips and 30 pins are included in the set. It is especially nice that the rollers have their own bag for storage and transportation.
- Very high heating rate.
- Applied well even on “problematic” hair that does not hold curls.
- A mode of maintaining the temperature in the container is available.
- Overheat protection.
- Possibility of vertical placement during storage and work with the box.
- Double-leaf door and folding stand for convenience.
- Deep cells for hot rollers reduce the risk of burns.
- The rollers are heavy on the head.
- Very high price.
For those women who do not have too thick hair, the Philips HP4611 kit is very suitable for fast styling in the morning. This is a rather non-standard kit in terms of materials selection. It includes 4 ceramic rollers of larger diameter and both small and medium ones by 6 pieces with a velvet covering. The set includes 4 butterfly clips and 16 smaller pins. For curling long hair, butterfly clips can be also used for attaching medium size rollers. The power consumption of the device is 400W, so that the manufacturer quite reasonably promises quick heating of the rollers up to + 135°C (+275°F) in just 5-15 minutes.
- Quick heating to the desired temperature.
- Special gloves for protection from burns are included.
- Heating and readiness indicators.
- There is a storage compartment for the cord of sufficient length (1.8 m).
- Low price for such a good quality.
- Few batterfly clips – only for larger rollers.
- Inconvenient pins weakly hold hair strands.
Clatronic LV 3371
This set of hot rollers is pretty standard. There are 24 rollers inside – 3 kinds of different sizes with 8 pieces in each. They are made of metal with ceramic covering and traditionally have a protective layer at the edges. The box itself is worthy of attention. It is compact, despite its spaciousness, and it also allows regulating the temperature in the chamber. The power cord automatically winds up and retracts into its compartment. The power of the device is 400 W and the heating time is 12 minutes. Buyers note in their reviews that Clatronic rollers produce pretty soft curls, so this kit is more suitable for women with shoulder-length hair.
- The rollers quickly heat up.
- You can choose the optimum temperature.
- There is protection against overheating.
- The rollers do not require special care and frequent cleaning.
- Thermally insulated box with non-slip supports.
- Affordable price.
- Inconvenient metal clips and sometimes they fall off.
- Butterfly clips are not included.
Vitek WINX WX-2052 BL
Hot rollers Vitek WINX WX-2052 BL are good for long fine hair because they do not harm it. These rollers are advised for both teenagers and adult women with thin or damaged hair. This set of electric rollers is knocked out of the total mass of similar devices in all aspects. First of all, a flat briefcase draws attention. It also serves as a heating box and a bag for storage or transportation at the same time. Instead of the heater, there are more secure ceramic PTC-elements that do not allow overheating. Externally, the hot rollers look like flexible curlers and are completely covered with a rubber sheath, which excludes burns. The power consumption of this unusual device is only 30 W, but the heating time is all the same – up to 15 minutes.
- The rollers can work even from the 100W network.
- There is a LED-indicator of heating in the box.
- Hot rollers are convenient and safe in use.
- Attractive design.
- Very affordable price.
- Many adult women can find these rollers not very functional.
- The rollers do not create a boost-up, only curls.
How to Choose a Set of Hot Rollers
If you often experiment with your appearance, choose an electric set of hot rollers of different sizes. In this way, you will be able to create a complex of hairstyles by using rollers of various diameters.
Consider the device power. The more powerful sets are faster. The hot rollers keep the heat longer and you will not waist too much time for styling, especially in the morning.
If you use hot rollers several times a week, direct your attention to ceramic rollers with velvet or velour covering. They will keep the heat for a very long time without overdrying your hair.
An important feature is a protection against overheating. When the desired temperature is reached, the device turns off automatically or you should check the time.
Pay attention to fixations. They can be made in the form of butterfly clips or arched pins. The convenient butterfly clips hold the hair curls with the firm fixation on the head best of all.