‘Monster Striker’ Elling Hollan (23, Manchester City) unfortunately returned to England without leaving an official interview with Korean fans.

Manchester City (hereinafter referred to as Man City) lost 1-2 to Atletico Madrid (hereinafter referred to as ATM) in the second leg of the Coupang Play Series held at Sangam World Cup Stadium in Seoul at 8:00 pm on the 30th.

Man City, who drew 0-0 in the first half, replaced nine field players at the same time, including Halan, in the 10th minute of the second half. Memphis Depay and Pereira Carrasco, who also came on as substitutes, scored goals to break the game. Manchester City kept their pride with Ruben Dias making up for a goal.

On this day, a whopping 64,185 soccer fans gathered in Sangam to see Man City and ATM in Korea. Even three hours before the start of the game, there were so many fans that the entire Sangam World Cup Stadium was paralyzed by traffic. The traffic police were dispatched to clear the traffic, but it was difficult to control the crowd of cars.

About 90 minutes before the start of the game, it suddenly started to rain heavily in Sangam. It was such an enormous amount that it was meaningless to use an umbrella. However, he could not break the fans’ will to see Halan. The Manchester City team’s bus could not arrive even with 80 minutes left in the match due to traffic jams.

To see the team, fans continued to wait outside, risking getting rained on. Many fans came wearing the sky blue jerseys of Man City players such as Haalan and De Bruyne. A scene reminiscent of Etihad Stadium unfolded, not Sangam.

Eventually, the game, 메이저사이트 which was delayed by 40 minutes due to heavy rain, started at 8:40. Tottenham’s match in Bangkok on the 23rd was canceled due to heavy rain. Fortunately, the rain stopped before the game, and the Sangam World Cup Stadium was well drained, so there was no problem with the game.

However, after the game, the Manchester City players, including Halan, were unable to participate in the scheduled official press conference and mixed zone interview, so they immediately packed up and moved to the airport. What happened?

An official from the organizers said, “Originally, the Man City team was scheduled to leave for England at dawn via a private plane. With the game delayed by 40 minutes, the squad did not have time for interviews. The Man City squad immediately moved to the airport and departed.”

On the other hand, after the game, Atlético Madrid worked diligently until the interview. Madrid was also very busy with a match against Real Sociedad in Spain on August 3rd.

Coach Diego Simeone said, “Thank you to the Korean fans who waited until the end despite the heavy rain. I gained a lot of confidence in preparing for the league by defeating the world’s best club.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *